27 July, 2010

The Little Tea Cup That Talked, by Emilie Barnes



This little illustrated children’s book is delightful! It is the story of how a joyful tea cup was shaped from a lump of clay into something far more beautiful than she could have ever imagined. Its application is a clear picture of God’s sovereignty in our lives, how He molds us and shapes us and allows us to endure trials to complete the process He desires for our lives as we become more like Him. Absolutely beautiful!

We gave this for Chloe for her 1st Christmas, and I’m sure it will be a treasure, especially as we get to enjoy tea parties together. I can picture this being a fantastic tool to use in opening a door to share the gospel with young girls. One could simply invite them (and their mothers, as well!) over for a dress-up tea party. At some point in the festivities, this book could be read. I applaud this book. It made me cry the first time I read it! And really, you should check it out. The illustrations are gorgeous!

* I have written this post due to my enjoyment of this book and have received no product or payment in compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment