20 July, 2010

The Edge of the Divine, by Sandi Patty



The Edge of the Divine, written by Sandi Patty is a very personal testimony from her life of a very difficult lesson God is bringing her through and the journey to where she was willing to take that first step of faith and trust Him regardless of the outcome He desired for her life. I found this book to be a close-up encounter with the thoughts and feelings she was having during those days where "she stood at the cliff," and appreciated how she often turned to Scripture for direction as well as to spiritual mentors.

The personal trial Sandi writes of is one with severe weight difficulties and her decision to pursue surgical treatment. As one who has never struggled with my weight, I found it helpful to see it through her eyes. I feel that I now have more compassion for those in similar circumstances. I also found that this book is for others, like myself, who may not face this issue, however we certainly do face others! It encouraged me in my faith to seek the Lord with all my heart, to not let anything get in the way, and to be willing to forsake all my "earthly comforts or crutches" to pursue His best. I give it 2 stars.

*This book was gratefully received from Thomas Nelson at no cost in exchange for my agreement to post this review.

I review for BookSneeze

No comments:

Post a Comment