15 December, 2010

Voices of the Faithful, Book 2, compiled by Kim P. David & created by Beth Moore

Voices of the Faithful, Book 2 is a compilation of devotions for each day of the year that will bring the reader’s attention and prayers to the worldwide spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, particularly to the unreached people groups of Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and Africa.  Compiled by former missionary Kim P. Davis along with the series creator and well-known Bible teacher, Beth Moore, your heart will be stirred with compassion and a fervency to pray that the world may come to know the true Redeemer and Savior.

Each daily reading briefly tells the story of a new believer or of one who is sharing Christ, both in regions where religions other than true Christianity have deep strongholds.  As with the previous book in this amazing series, I was challenged  in my own Christian walk and witness, and humbled at the lack of persecution I currently have and yet my failure to witness and share the good news with the freedom I possess. It would be my hope that this book would not only continue to inspire me to prayerful action on my knees, but also that it would do the same for each reader; that as we pray for each individual we read about we would desire to pray more and to be faithful about sharing of how God has changed our lives with those we come in contact with.

*This book was gratefully received from Thomas Nelson at no cost in exchange for my agreement to post this review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment