17 June, 2011

Billy Graham in Quotes, by Franklin Graham


There is so much that I appreciate about the life and ministry of Billy Graham that I was eager to review this compilation of quotes gathered by his son and arranged topically in this anthology work suitable for ones personal library or for a gift. The softcover binding is simple yet attractive and the chapters or topics are easily perused or searched through. In reading this volume which I received as a review copy, I found many of the quotes to be engaging and true, liking this one in particular: 

No situation is beyond God's control. 
Over my wife's desk are these words: 
"Fear not the future; God is already there."

In his work as an evangelist and preacher, Dr. Billy Graham sough to bring the wisdom of God's word to daily life. He believed that Christianity wasn't simply about being relevant, but about having a heart for the Word of God and striving to obey Him in all things. This compilation is an honoring look as the words which he spoke for the glory of God.

*This book was gratefully received from Thomas Nelson at no cost in exchange for my agreement to post this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment