08 January, 2011

Love and Respect, by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs



:: Based upon Ephesians 5:33 and extensive biblical and psychological research, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs reveals the power of unconditional love and unconditional respect and how husbands and wives can reap the benefits of marriage that God intended. (Taken from Booksneeze.com)::


Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires – The Respect He Desperately Needs, is written by widely known and respected marriage counselor, mentor, conference speaker, and author Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. With wisdom and candor, he draws the reader into learning and understanding a truth that will bring hope to today’s discouraging outlook on the state of marriage by showing that you can be far more than just lovers but best friends that find joy in each day that God gives breath! I purchased my first copy of this book while yet single, and I think that this book is one of several that set me up for two years and going of pure happiness and contentment with the man God had for me. Rather than simply being a formula: he shows love, she shows respect = great marriage, this book will draw you to biblical understanding of the one you are married to, and encourage you and challenge you to cement your marriage in the truth of God’s word.

As I continually discover more about showing Christ’s love to my husband, I must also understand that he is human, and a sinner saved by God’s grace who loves me with all his heart and *is learning*! I’m so glad I’m not the only one! :-) By showing him respect by accepting him as he learns and trusting that God is working through him I am free to be content with how God leads us as a couple. I love being married! :-) I would heartily recommend this book to others and wanted to receive this review copy so that I would have an extra copy to share with friends.

*This book was gratefully received from Thomas Nelson at no cost in exchange for my agreement to post this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment