02 November, 2010

On This Day in Christian History, by Robert J. Morgan



 

On This Day in Christian History, is authored by Robert J. Morgan and is written in a year-long format which will invite the reader to daily be introduced to a preacher, pope, martyr, Christian hero, or saint, as glimpses are caught of their life and devotion to Christ through the text. I found the variety to be fascinating as it spanned church history from the early beginnings to Billy Graham, the beloved preacher. My faith was challenged as I read the trials and joys so contentedly received from God’s hand by these men and women of faith, knowing that the same grace is available to me as I lead up the Lord and look to Him during anything I might face (which pales in comparison to the stories I read).

Some stories are whimsical and some are tragic and heartbreaking, but each one will draw you to emotionally grasp a bit of the thought and motives of historic names oft heard of but often separated from the reality that they were actual people with desires just like yours and mine. As I read I was challenged and inspired as I read of their lives, and renewed with desire to be sold out for the Lord Jesus.

*This book was gratefully received from Thomas Nelson at no cost in exchange for my agreement to post this review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment